Friday, May 27, 2011

This Season on TV Overload...

I love TV.  When other little kids wanted to be doctors or policemen when they grew up I wanted to be a professional TV watcher.  My dad reminds me of this quite often and each time he reminds me, he makes sure to point out that Professional TV Watcher is not a real thing.  I think I fully realized my obsession/love for television about 6 years ago.  The new fall season was starting and I was having trouble keeping track of my growing list of shows.  I decided to make a detailed TV watching spreadsheet which displayed start date, time, channel and run time for each show.  The first year I did this my spreadsheet had 25 shows, since that time it has gone up and down with an all time high of 34 shows per week. TiVo/DVR has been a real life saver for me.  (My husband would not agree with this statement)  Being able to fast forward through commercials has allowed me to watch more shows in a shorter amount of time and not really have to choose between 2 shows that air at the same time.  I will admit that there have been seasons in the past where I have had 3 shows airing at the same time and have been forced (my husband would not agree with the word "forced" here) to record 2 while I watch a 3rd show live on a different TV.  Do I realize how insane this sounds?  Yes.  Am I embarrassed?  Yes, well at least sometimes.  Do I hate it when people ask themselves questions and then answer them?  Definitely.

I frequently find myself in conversations with people about TV.  Whenever someone asks, "hey do you watch (insert TV show name here)?"  My answer is usually yes.  I thought this would be a good platform to have some of those conversations over the world wide web rather than in person...since I have no time to talk to people because I am busy watching TV.  Thanks for visiting.  Please leave me comments with your opinions and thoughts on the shows I discuss.  Perhaps if I get enough followers someone will actually hire me to be a professional TV watcher.  Just kidding.

3 comments:

  1. I will read this blog, although I won't be able to follow you on probably 32 of 34 of your shows. I'll laugh though just b/c it's you! And I'll forever laugh about P.B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see the summer spreadsheet!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I admit it. I have had the same problem with needing to go to a 2nd tv to watch a 3rd show. My poor husband has to resort to reading so that I can record my 2 shows. I am excited about the summer because some of my favorite shows are in the summer.

    ReplyDelete