Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Bachelorette - Down to 4 and a Letter to Ryan

This episode started with Constantine and Ashley hopping on the Hogwarts Express to get to their date.  There were a lot of references to hopes and dreams and wishes this week beginning with Constantine and Ashley writing their hopes for the future on that lantern thing.  I hope everybody stuck around at the end of the show to see the clip of the dog peeing on their lantern.  They should put that kind of thing in the actual episode instead of tacking it on at the end as an outtake. 

The next date was with Ben and it was so boring that I already forgot what they did.  Oh yeah, mopeds.  Yawn.

Date number 3 was the always uncomfortable group date.  Those were some of the worst photos ever.  I think my junior prom pictures looked more professional than that.  The backdrop they used for the JP and Ashley pictures looked like it had been wadded up in a closet for a year.  It had all of the lines showing from where it was folded.  That was funny.  I did learn a few things on that date though: 1)  JP says the f-word a lot.  2) Ames has a "unique" sense of style.  I think he felt right at home in the peach ruffled see through shirt and pale blue rhinestone tuxedo. 

And now, a letter to Ryan.

Dearest Ryan,

Hey there!  How are the solar panels?  Good?  Great.  Listen, sorry you got dumped.  I guess those magic apple slice shaped pieces of metal that you threw on the ground were right.  I know you were "really falling for her" even though that was technically your first date.  You took all of your criticism pretty well which is good since people were criticizing you for always being in a good mood.  A little pointer, perhaps a 10 minute story about hot water heaters is not the best or most romantic thing for a first date.  I could be wrong, but I think when Ashley asked for a tip on being more green she was looking for something along the lines of "bring your own bag to the grocery store" not a history of water heaters and their function in the home.  I did feel extra sorry for you when they had you walk all around the city looking sad after you got booted.  That must have been very depressing.

Regards,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. The faces Ashley made when Ryan was talking were hilarious. I felt bad for him! And I don't understand why Emily and Brad broke up. I don't think she actually explained it!

    ReplyDelete