Wednesday, July 6, 2011

James Spader joins "The Office"

I, for one, am not too concerned that Steve Carell left The Office.  I think they have enough quirkiness left over to sustain the laughs.  I am a loyal fan of The Office and have stuck with it through highs and lows.  The season finale with the parade of celebrities was a high for some and a low for others.

I love James Spader.  Alan Shore from Boston Legal is arguably one of the best characters in the history of television.  He brings new meaning to the term quirky and is a big ball of weird.  After months of speculation NBC finally announced that Spader will be joining the cast this fall.  Rumor has it that he will start as branch manager in Scranton and then almost immediately move to corporate to take over for Jo.

I think the best part about James Spader is that he has all of America convinced that the characters he often plays on TV and in movies is how he is in real life.  Can someone really be that creepy and uncomfortable?  On behalf of the remaining fans of The Office I humbly welcome Spader in his role as Robert California and am hoping he will have lots of screen time!!

2 comments: