Thursday, July 14, 2011

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Several years ago, when I had HBO the first time, I got absolutely hooked on Curb Your Enthusiasm.  If you like Seinfeld, you have to like Curb because it is basically the same concept except with different characters.  It has been a few seasons since I have watched, mostly due to the fact that I have been without HBO.

The new season started last week so I decided to jump back in and see if I could follow the story.  I forgot how much I love this show!!  So funny.  After I finished the season premiere I immediately went back and watched every episode available On Demand which sadly was only five.

The best surprise of the last season was the Seinfeld story line.  Curb Your Enthusiasm follows Larry David, creator of Seinfeld, as he lives his life as Larry David, the creator of Seinfeld.  One of the story lines from last season was a fictional Seinfeld reunion show including all of the actors from Seinfeld playing themselves.  So over the course of a few episodes you basically get a real life Seinfeld reunion.  We find out that George went on to invent the iToilet app which allows the user to find the nearest acceptable public toilet.  He then loses his fortune in the Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme.  Kramer is still Kramer and Elaine has a daughter thanks to a "donation" (wink, wink) from Jerry.

If you are a Seinfeld fan, and you haven't had a chance to watch Curb Your Enthusiasm, add it to your Netflix queue.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment